Featured Post

As Anambra State prepares for Nov 6 election…

American Rapper, Wale Tells BeatFm Why He Couldn't Come To Nigeria Since.

Nigerian born American popular rapper, Olubowale Victor Akintimehin signed under MayBach Music Group who goes by the pseudonym, Wale was on Beatfm with Toolz yesterday. During the chat on radio, Wale revealed he has never been to Nigeria all his life, until now. Although his parents are from Ondo state, they were just too poor to afford such luxury trip to his homeland, Nigeria. He has always wanted to visit since he was 15 but due to the cost of getting a flight ticket, he couldn't bring his dream reality.

Read what he had to say below
"I grew up poor. We lived in DC, in the projects. Getting a ticket to Nigeria on $20, 000 income yearly, to my family that wasn't really... you know...like I was a 15 year old with a decent job, I'm not going to save up to go to Nigeria. That wasn't what I was thinking when I was that age. And then I was in college and the money tight right then. And then I get this record deal when I dropped out of school, you're running around so much you don't even have time to see your own parents"
 I just love Wale's realistic response. He is just so real..... unlike some other celebrities. Welcome home bro!

Comments